Active Kids, Active Minds
Benefits of Working at Active Kids Nursery
- Led by A Principal with More Than 25 Years’ Experience
- Flexible Working
- 28 Days’ Paid Annual Leave, including Bank Holidays for Full-Time Members of Staff Pro-Rata
- One Week off at Christmas
- Your Birthday off
- Regular Team Days
- 250 Welcome Bonus (Payable at the End of 6-Month Probationary Period)
- Performance Bonus
- Discounted Childcare
- Paid Overtime
- Company Pension Scheme
- CPD Fund, Investing in Our Educators’ Learning and Development
- Refer a Friend Scheme
Early Years Educator Apprentice
We are looking for a Nursery Apprentice to be a part of our dynamic team of experienced and friendly staff.
- work well as part of a team, closely partnering with other members of staff to provide a stimulating learning environment;
- be enthusiastic about learning;
- provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to develop in;
- excellent communication skills and the ability to work under direction.
Duties will include:
- Full training and support will be given through your apprenticeship;
- Planning and preparing activities for the children;
- carrying out risk assessments;
- supervising meal times;
- Completing children’s online learning journals.
- Working closely with the Manager/Deputy to organise the day-to-day running of the setting;
- Promoting a clean and stimulating environment, and working as per the policies and procedures of the setting.
Hours: 16-37.5h per week over 5 days.
Salary: From £5.50 per hour.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable cook to join our team.
MAIN TASKS / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide fresh, nutritious and well presented meals, suitable for children and babies, under the age of five, according to the current menus
- To maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times and to follow infection /cross contamination control procedures
- To constantly be aware of Special Dietary Needs ‑ referring to food allergies, food intolerances, cultural needs, vegetarian requirements and any other, according to the Special Dietary Needs form in the kitchen
- To be aware of and carry out duties in connection with Health and Safety at work (e.g. Risk Assessments, COSHH, RIDDOR etc) and to update and manage the Safer Food file daily
- To follow standard food hygiene procedures (e.g. fridge/freezer temperatures, food temperature checks and monitoring; recording this daily).
- To prepare a nutritious morning and afternoon snack, cooked lunch and tea in line with the current menu, ensuring all children’s needs are met and to include suitable puréed food for babies.
- To ensure all areas of the kitchen are hygienically maintained at all times, in accordance with Health & Safety Regulations.
- To ensure that equipment and materials (including the dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridges and freezers) are cleaned and everything is cleared away leaving the kitchen neat and tidy at the end of the day in line with the daily and weekly cleaning checklist
- To ensure that equipment is maintained in good order and that any faulty or potentially dangerous equipment is immediately removed and reported to the Nursery Management Team.
- To attend any appropriate out of hours activities e.g. parent evenings, open days, monthly staff meetings, Christmas party, Summer Fayre as and when required.
- Understand and comply with all the setting’s operational policies and procedures
- To understand the importance of Safeguarding within the setting and take appropriate training.
- To respect your management team and fellow colleagues.
Hours: 27.5h per week over 5 days.
Salary: From £10.20 per hour.